Monday, March 14, 2011

Up early for Monday Night Footy

I was hoping for a better result, after sacrificing an hour of sleep.
The CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS scored four tries to three to defeat my favorite club, the WESTS TIGERS, 24-14, in tonight's NATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE action at Sydney's ANZ Stadium.

I woke up an hour earlier than usual to listen to second-half coverage by TRIPLE M 104.9 radio online.

In the end, Canterbury's Steve Turner scored a try after a kick in goal by Trent Hodkinson with two minutes remaining to put the match out of reach.

My favorite player, Benji Marshall scored a second-half try to give the Tigers hope, before Turner's score effectively ended the contest.

As I listened, I recalled one of my days during my SYDNEY vacation. I took the ferry to the Olympic Park and the ANZ Stadium. It is a massive venue, built for the 2000 Olympics. I walked around the outside, soaking up the atmosphere.

It was a historic weekend Down Under. More than 200,000 people attended the first weekend of NRL matches for the first time. I woke up early twice this weekend to listen to matches, which I have sadly yet to find on Stateside television.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home