Saturday, March 12, 2011

Japan's crisis brought home

News of EARTHQUAKES always resonate with me, I suppose because of my CALIFORNIA upbringing.
I have been following the TSUNAMI crisis in JAPAN with even more interest than usual, I guess, because I also grew up watching Japanese television shows and films -- watching a GODZILLA flick was the best medicine when I struggled with ear infections as a lad.

The tsunami also impacted the American West Coast, in particular damaging harbors in California and Oregon.

I admit, I was distressed last night to learn of the approximately $10 million in damage caused in BROOKINGS, ORE.

My late dad, my sister and I spent nearly every summer in the southern Oregon seaside town. It's always been one of my favorite places on earth. That's why I reacted so sadly to the damage news.

The American damage pales, of course, compared to the continuing crisis in Japan. I'll continue thinking about them and praying for them, and I urge you to do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home