Monday, March 07, 2011

Cricket crazy

The words "cricket" and "crazy" seem permanently attached during this year's CRICKET WORLD CUP in INDIA, BANGLADESH and SRI LANKA.
Consider ENGLAND: In the span of about a week or so, they:

1. Tied India.

2. Lost to Ireland.

3. Took a flurry of wickets to preserve a thrilling victory over South Africa.

4. Lost their star player, Kevin Pietersen, for the rest of the competition because of a hernia.

I've had my own brand of craziness at work, ranging from lengthy stories to an annual performance appraisal to stressful staff meetings to intruding upon tragedy (I covered a fatal dog mauling of a 3-year-old girl yesterday).

For me, following the Cricket World Cup has been a welcome diversion from my current reality.

I don't think I am as "cricket crazy" as the woman portrayed in this Indian cartoon (pictured above). Instead, I think following the cricket is keeping me from becoming crazy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.7.27
air jordan uk
nike soldes femme
mlb shop
ray ban sunglasses
pandora
christian louboutin shoes
ed hardy clothing
moncler jackets
oakley sunglasses
salomon

8:09 PM  
Blogger WEIJYE said...

0824jejechaussures nike air max 90 femme pas cher Les problèmes asics gel noosa tri 10 vélemény de santé ont été une préoccupation majeure pour les humains depuis les asics gel lyte 3 femme rouge pas cher premiers âges. Ils peuvent sortir un entraîneur FlyKnit Racer chaussures nike air max 97 enfant qui ne pèse que 5,6 onces ainsi qu'une air jordan 1 mid rouge et blanc chaussure Nike FlyKnit qui ne pèse que sept. Je viens baskets basses roshe run hyp femme de nike d'avoir un regard de Nike Shox Monster SI sur les accessoires. asics gel lyte 3 ns

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home