Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Oh yes, I like it. Screaming like never before"

For some reason, the ENRIQUE IGLESIAS AND PITBULL collaboration "I LIKE IT" played in my head as the SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS wrapped up their NATIONAL LEAGUE DIVISIONAL SERIES victory against the ATLANTA BRAVES.
I did like that the Giants -- a team I have fervently followed since childhood -- won last night's game, 3-2, to clinch the series, 3 games to 1.

I just don't necessarily like how the Giants accomplished their series victory: Three nail-bitingly narrow victories (1-0, 3-2 and 3-2) with a heartbreaking loss (5-4 in 11 innings) thrown into the mix for good measure.

Supporting the Giants has clearly taken an emotional toll throughout the years (the trauma of the 2002 World Series loss still feels fresh).

I guess the real question should be: Why did I think this series against the Braves would be any different?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home