Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A little jidaigeki before the baseball reconvenes

My evenings are about to be devoted to following postseason BASEBALL (thank you, SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS).
I was free last night of this upcoming emotional burden, so I enjoyed watching a classic Japanese JIDAIGEKI (period drama film).

The 1966 KIHACHI OKAMOTO film "DAIBOSATSU TOGE (SWORD OF DOOM)" stars TATSUYA NAKADAI as an amoral master swordsman whose emotionless slaughter of guilty and innocent alike helped set the stage for numerous antihero characters in the films of the late 1960s and 70s.

It's a film of stirring action, as well as a beautiful film.

I tend to watch films on DVD more often during the fall and winter months -- I spend my spring and summer evenings listening to radio broadcasts of Giants games. Hopefully, nights like last night -- with Okamoto's film -- will be postponed by some San Francisco playoff victories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home