Sunday, October 03, 2010

My body also wants a Vegemite sandwich

Do you come from a land Down Under?
No, but I have tricked my body's internal clock into thinking that I do.

Through a combination of naps and late-night coffee, I trained my body to remain awake for a pair of FOOTY FINALS held in MELBOURNE and SYDNEY.

I watched Saturday afternoon (AUSTRALIA time, the middle of Friday night/Saturday morning for us) as COLLINGWOOD defeated ST. KILDA in the AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE GRAND FINAL REPLAY, 16.12 (108) to 7.10 (52). The two sides had drawn the original Grand Final, held last weekend.

Both AFL games were broadcast live in America on the ESPN Classic Network.

I also listened live Sunday evening (Australia time, during the wee hours of this morning for us) as ST. GEORGE ILLAWARRA defeated the SYDNEY ROOSTERS, 32-8, to win the NATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE GRAND FINAL, ending a 31-year title drought for the Dragons.

As I have for most of the season, I listened to CONTINUOUS CALL TEAM coverage of the rugby league match on Sydney radio station 2GB 873.

I woke up at 12:30 p.m., unsure of the time of day, thanks to the pair of footy finals. My body thinks it's some time early Monday morning. It's probably wondering why I just started a big pot of spaghetti sauce.
Following them live became a priority for me after my recent trip to Sydney. It's hard not to become addicted to Australian sports when everybody in that country is terribly addicted as well.

I don't want my body to know, but we'll be switching back over to Australia time come November. The ASHES CRICKET SERIES between the Aussies and England starts in Brisbane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home