Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Grandparents' night

I just woke up from a most remarkable DREAM.
My family was visiting my grandparents in MAXWELL, CALIF.
What's so remarkable about that?
Well, my grandfather, WES "PAPA" SMITH, passed away when our oldest daughter KERSTIN was still quite young. My grandmother, MARGE "MIMI" SMITH, died in 1989 -- before JILL and I were married.
Yet there we all were last night. Youngest daughter ANNIKA and the rest of my family were visiting Mimi and Papa in their home. I remember there was much conversation and my grandparents were holding hands.
Sleeping, I just let the dream play out -- like a film.
I only started to consider what it might mean after I woke up for the day.
Was it just wishful thinking? Or is there some sort of ongoing connection between those who have gone before us and those of us remaining on Earth?
You might call it wishful thinking, but I am beginning to think it might be the latter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home