Thursday, September 23, 2010

Can "Good Feeling" help me feel better? Here's hoping!

I blame it on being a HEALTH REPORTER for a newspaper for the past 12 years.
Whenever I get sick, or sore, or otherwise unwell, my mind drifts over all of the HORRIFIC POSSIBLE DIAGNOSES -- when more often than not I am simply suffering from a sore back (last night and this morning) or slight cold or virus (also last night).

I tossed and turned in bed most of the night, visualizing my own funeral.

That's why I can't shake off the morning cobwebs. Well, I hope that's why I can't shake off the morning cobwebs -- you don't suppose it's something more serious, do you?

I work a later shift today -- giving me ample time to recover (I hope) -- so I just crafted an iTunes playlist containing the UK charting singles of Scottish band, TRAVIS.

I was lucky enough to get in on the ground floor of the Travis experience: I purchased their debut album "GOOD FEELING" when it came out in 1997.

Since then, the band has become increasingly popular (spawning 18 Top-40 singles in their native UK) and influential (Snow Patrol and Keane definitely took notes).

I am banking on the music of Travis and some AUSTRALIAN COFFEE (freeze dried) to help pave the way for my recovery from my various ailments.

If it doesn't work, who knows: Maybe I wasn't such a hypochondriac after all?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home