Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Campaign talk Down Under

I am listening to 2UE 954 this morning online.
It's night in AUSTRALIA, and discussion on the SYDNEY news/talk station is dominated by the country's upcoming election.

Australian voters will choose a government Aug. 21, with LIBERAL LEADER TONY ABBOTT aiming to dethrone LABOR PRIME MINISTER JULIA GILLARD.

A recent poll suggests voters divided along regional lines, with Labor holding Victoria and South Australia and Liberals leading in the rest of the country -- although the Liberal lead in New South Wales, the biggest state, is a mere 51 to 49 percent.

I am still trying to keep up with all of the issues in the campaign -- that's why I will keep listening to the radio stations as the vote nears.

I want to be able to understand the current events once I get to Sydney!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home