Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Question just a-screamin' for ice cream

It's been a long hot SUMMER (and wet, too).
ROUTE 1 is in the mood for some ice cream, which brings us to this week's FRIDAY QUESTION:

"What's your favorite ice cream flavor and why?"

BEKAH P. -- Sooooo tough! My initial reflex is to go with Chocolate Fudge, but then, upon closer examination, I think I have to say it's Blue Bunny's Birthday Cake ice cream. It tastes just like the birthday cakes my mom used to make me when I was a kid. BUT for Christmas time, there's only one flavor --- Peppermint Ice Cream. So scrumptious! I look forward to it all year long.

INGER H. -- My friend Mark turned me onto Ben and Jerry's Phish Food... deeply unfortunate jam-band name notwithstanding, this stuff is seriously delicious. Its so sweet and rich though, that the "Light" version is actually better than the original.

MIKE D. -- I'm a vanilla man, but I usually order the chocolate chip cookie dough Blizzard at DQ. I did have regrets last week, though, when my wife had the mint Oreo. I prefer something with a crunchy cookie or candy added -- like the chocolate striped cookie and Kit Kat flavors that DQ had for a very limited time years ago. Why must they tease me?!

RICK T. -- Chocolate! Just the American way!

SASKIA M. -- I haven't seen it in the U.S.A yet, but whenever I'm in Germany I eat "Spaghettieis". The flavor does not have anything to do with pasta. It is a German ice cream specialty that looks like a plate of spaghetti. The variety I prefer consists of 1 scoop lemon-cream ice and 2 scoops vanilla that are pressed through a sieve of sorts to make it look like spaghetti. Then it's placed over whipped cream and topped with strawberry sauce and coconut flakes.

ANNIKA H. -- Chocolate birthday cake its so yummy!

STEVE M. -- Chocolate (Häagen-Dazs) - back to the basics, baby! but ice cream must be top quality.

SANDYE V. -- Anything homemade from a hand-cranked ice cream maker. Maybe it's the long wait that makes it always taste so good, no matter what the flavor -- that and the fact that it contains real ingredients. Once we made it on a friend's farm with fresh cream from their Guernesy cow and strawberries from their garden. That was the best.

JEFF T. -- Cherry Garcia... MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

JOHN S. -- Rocky Road. It's like a 'smore without all the risk of third degree burns or poking your eye out with a hot wire or stick.

MIKE M. -- My favorite is Häagen-Dazs Rum Raisin. I love the name Häagen-Dazs which is a combination of nonsensical words invented in the Bronx. Maggie claims Häagen-Dazs Rum Raisin is a special treat for her, sort of like bottles of red wine for me. But when I guzzle my wine as soon as I get home from the store, Maggie drives me crazy by leaving her Häagen-Dazs untouched in the freezer for weeks
.
KERSTIN H. -- Vanilla.

ERIK H. -- I'll go with Neapolitan. And if anybody really knows me, they'll know I eat the three flavors separately, usually in the order of strawberry, vanilla and chocolate. Yeah, I know... I have issues.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home