Wednesday, July 14, 2010

You call that hot? This is CHAIN GANG HOT

Forecasters have issued a HEAT ADVISORY for today, warning that the heat plus humidity levels could make it feel close to 105 degrees by this afternoon.
If you can't beat the heat, I always say, try to celebrate with song.
That's why I spent part of the morning creating a "Steamy" playlist of RURAL BLUES to accompany my driving around in the heatwave respository otherwise known as our black car.
I opened the 32-song playlist with a memorable field recording by the pioneering ethnomusicologist ALAN LOMAX.
"I BE SO HAPPY WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN" is credited to ED LEWIS & GROUP and is the sound of a chain gang -- complete with rattling chains -- willing the hot sun to drop below the horizon.
When I hear that song, I start to sweat no matter how cool the air-conditioning makes me feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home