Tuesday, July 06, 2010

20 Years of putting up with my musical obsessions

JULY 7 1990 - JULY 7 2010
20 YEARS, BABY, 20 YEARS
Spare a thought this week for JILL HOGSTROM.
For the past 20 years or so, she has been subjected to a rather unusual OCCUPATIONAL HAZARD of being married to me.
Example, from this morning in the car, as I drove Jill to work:
ME: "Listen to this great song. It's by CONJUNTO BERNAL & MANDO MARROQUIN, JR., and it's one of the original CHICANO ROCK SONGS. I am putting together a playlist of Chicano rock and Tejano songs that you might have heard on a jukebox in Del Rio, Texas, circa 1967 or so."
See? Why would someone subject themselves to that sort of obsessional blathering for 20 entire years?
That's going above and beyond the marriage vows, and that's why I think you should spare a thought this week for Jill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home