Thursday, July 22, 2010

Testing the depths

How LOW can a person feel?
I've been testing those depths the past 12 hours or so, after a surprise bill from the INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE effectively scuttled my plans to accompany my sister INGER to AUSTRALIA.

We will probably work out a payment plan with the IRS, but even that adds an unexpected financial obligation to an already tight budget that makes it unlikely I could squeeze out enough funds for the trip -- which was to commence in about a month.

I feel worse for my sister. I feel terrible, in fact. I feel like I have let her down, particularly after all the fun we had visiting LONDON during the New Year.

I will offer to pay Inger back for my ticket, and for the hotel accommodation.

In the meantime, I'll keep testing these depths. It's the only journey that seems feasible these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home