Monday, January 18, 2010

I finally "Come Dancing" with The Kinks

THE KINKS are one of those bands who seem to have a high percentage of songs I could listen to forever -- "Sunny Afternoon," "Waterloo Sunset" and "Sweet Lady Genevieve" spring immediately to mind.
I used an iTunes card this weekend to flesh out my Kinks collection (or "Kinks Kollection," as they might have spelled it).

Can you believe I never had "Come Dancing" or "A Rock N Roll Fantasy" on my iPod? Shameful.

"Come Dancing" is considered a "comeback" song, although vocalist?songwriter/group leader RAY DAVIES never really went away -- it's just people weren't recognizing his genius.

"Come Dancing" became the band's first UK top 20 hit in more than a decade (it reached No. 11) the song peaked at No. 6 here in the United States.

It's yet another sign of Davies' talent, and the enduring quality of The Kinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home