Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pets give cold shoulder to Serie A match during "Big Freeze"

"THE BIG FREEZE" forced the postponement of today's PREMIER LEAGUE football matches, so the pets and I watched a live SERIE A match on television instead.
Ronaldinho scored two second-half goals as visiting MILAN beat JUVENTUS, 3-0, a result that piled pressure on the home side's manager, Ciro Ferrara, while prompting the unhappy home supporters to set fires in the stands.

RORY THE DISCRIMINATING, FOOTBALL-WATCHING DOG was not impressed. As Milan began stroking the ball around midfield to kill off the game, Rory fell asleep on my lap -- loudly snoring in the process.

Not even the presence of David Beckham in Milan's lineup could maintain the interest of the cats, who shrugged and returned to the bedrooms upstairs. During a Premier League match, they often drape themselves all over me as I try to watch.

I enjoyed watching the Italian game, but I admit I am ready for a thaw -- both here and at football grounds around the United Kingdom.

1 Comments:

Blogger Webbie - FootieAndMusic said...

I missed the Beckham strip show.
Gutted.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home