Saturday, December 19, 2009

Slade nearly sends me dancing to London

With a week to go before my flight, I nearly DANCED my way to LONDON this morning. Here's what happened.
I logged onto the Web site for BBC LONDON 94.9 for a listen before watching a Premier League match, and the first song I heard was the brilliant "Stay With Me" by THE FACES.

The news came next -- hundreds of people spent 12 hours in the Channel Tunnel last night when EUROSTAR broke down because of wintry weather -- then the station played "Cuz I Luv You" by SLADE.

The mighty Slade!

I danced around the kitchen!

Turns out, NODDY HOLDER (Slade's lead singer and lyricist) was the guest of GARY CROWLEY on the radio.

Holder discussed the band's formation and sudden, stratospheric rise to fame, while Crowley played two more of the band's classics -- "Cum on Feel the Noize" (quite possibly the greatest of all rock songs, Quiet Riot's version is so pale in comparison, it's simply laughable) and the holiday classic, "Merry Xmas Everybody."

Hearing those great tunes, I was so excited I probably could have danced across the Atlantic to reach London.

Instead, I must wait a week and hop on a plane.
I'll hum some Slade tunes all the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home