Sunday, December 13, 2009

London's streets, The Alarm's tunes and the Scarlets' despair

After watching visiting LEINSTER trounce SCARLETS yesterday, 32-7, in a televised HEINEKEN CUP match from Parc Y Scarlets in LLANELLI, I felt sorry for WALES in general.
That's why I next listened to Welsh legends THE ALARM while thumbing through Michael Middleditch's "LONDON MAPGUIDE."

As I sang along to songs such as "Strength" and "Spirit of 76," I studied maps of streets I will be walking down two weeks from today.

"Somewhere tonight out on the street, somewhere beneath this city’s heat. In the eyes of strangers who pass me by, life is cruel and so unkind. Oh, oh the spirit of ’76."
I work today, and I actually have a stressful, busy time ahead of me at work the next week and a half.
I keep telling myself, though, that London is coming soon.

As for the poor Scarlets, with the way Leinster were playing, not many rugby union sides were going to defeat the reigning European champions, who benefited from four tries, scored by Shane Horgan, Isa Nacewa, Shaun Berne and Sean O'Brien.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home