Monday, November 30, 2009

It was no nightmare: Riders suffered while I slept

I fell asleep last evening while listening to the 97TH GREY CUP FINAL on Internet radio.
Sleep spared me from hearing the heartbreaking finish for the SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS.

When I began to doze, the Riders had given up a single but still led, 27-11.

When I awoke, I was listening to "Roughrider Round table" on "YOUR OFFICIAL GREY CUP STATION IN SASKATCHEWAN, THE SOURCE 620 CKRM" and I heard what I had missed.

LES ALOUETTES DE MONTRÉAL scored two touchdowns and a field goal in the last 7:05 of the fourth quarter -- while I dozed -- to defeat the Roughriders, 28-27.

Wait, it gets more heartbreaking:

Montréal's Damon Duval kicked a 33-yard field goal at the final gun for the winning margin.

Wait, it gets more heartbreaking:

Duval had missed a 43-yard field goal on what was supposed to be the last play of the game, but he earned a reprieve when the Riders were penalized for having too many men on the field.

I thought: How can that be? It's CANADIAN FOOTBALL, there are always too many men on the field!

It was true, and what felt like a nightmare when I woke up turned out to be sad reality for Saskatchewan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home