Thursday, November 26, 2009

Still stuck in a "hospital state of mind"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everybody.
This year, my list of things I am thankful for is almost too easy to compile -- family, friends, intravenous VANCOMYCIN (pictured) and being out of the hospital.

Oddly, while my body is out of the hospital, my mind doesn't feel quite at home.

CLARITHROMYCIN, the fourth oral antibiotic I have been on since my INFECTED LEG ordeal began, unfortunately causes the most nausea.

Overnight, I woke up at 2 a.m., expecting someone to flip on the lights and take my blood pressure and also searching for the WHITE CUP WITH BENT STRAW that hospitals use to provide Sprite, 7up or similar white soda.

I realized I was home. There was no bent straw.

I trudged down the steps and found the only SIERRA MIST in the fridge.

I guess one of the things I am not thankful for, is this HOSPITAL STATE OF MIND I appear to be stuck with since my release.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home