Monday, November 23, 2009

Apprehensively listening to Weezer

My favorite story about the recording of the eponymous WEEZER debut album -- universally known as "THE BLUE ALBUM" -- tells how Rivers Cuomo and Matt Sharp practiced barbershop quartet-style singing to prepare for the album's vocal arrangements. You wouldn't necessarily realize the roots of the harmonies, listening to the album.
I am listening now, a few hours before I return to the doctor's office. My INFECTED LEFT LEG doesn't look -- or feel -- much better than it did for my last doctor's visit. I am sitting here, listening to Weezer and feeling a bit apprehensive.

I am afraid they will admit me to the hospital for intravenous antibiotics.

"The world has turned and left me here, just where I was before you appeared and in your place an empty space has filled the void behind my face."

I am not afraid, per sé, I just don't want to be away from my family or home for very long.

On the other hand, I *really* can't take much more of this sore leg.

Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home