Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Classic rockin' my way through a hospital stay

I am sitting on my HOSPITAL bed craving PIZZA, CHOCOLATE, RED WINE and CLASSIC ROCK.
All but the latter are off limits until my discharge, so I dialed up "DREAM POLICE" by CHEAP TRICK on the iPod.

Despite being bookended by the title track and "Need Your Love," this 1979 album seems a bit neglected, compared to the band's other classic releases.

Critic Robert Christgau suggested a slight dulling of Cheap Trick's magic with "Dream Police," writing:

"What's always saved this band for me was the jokes, but this time they're just not in the grooves, and there's only so much you can do with funny hats on the cover."

I agree. "Dream Police" doesn't sparkle with the same electricity as "In Color" or "Heaven Tonight."

Stuck in a hospital bed, though, it sounds just great to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home