Saturday, November 28, 2009

In the wee small hours of Clarithromycin

The CLARITHROMYCIN I am taking for my LEG INFECTION is working well -- you can barely see any outward signs of the ailment that caused me to spend three days in the hospital.
However, the side effects are tough to take.

The drug gives me a continuous, low-level nausea that sent me to bed today. I just dimmed the lights and listened to music while sipping SIERRA MIST.

I listened to a record by someone who sounded sadder than me -- FRANK SINATRA.

Sinatra's marriage to Ava Gardner had disintegrated by 1955, when he teamed with NELSON RIDDLE for "IN THE WEE SMALL HOURS."

This record fit Sinatra's mood, according to writer Chris Ingham:

"The album mostly languishes in a hushed netherworld of subdued strings, whispering woodwind and chiming celesta, with Sinatra delivering his deepest and best ballad performances yet. He is simply magnificent."

"In the Wee Small Hours" was the perfect accompaniment to my own "hushed netherworld" of Clarithromycin-caused stomach upset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home