Thursday, December 03, 2009

This one was for you, Uncle Roger

The CIVIL WAR game should come with a surgeon general's warning.
I have never been so worried before watching a football game, and I have never felt so uncomfortably stressed while watching a football game.

Three TDs from LaMichael James helped give MY BELOVED OREGON DUCKS a 37-33 over the DANGED OL' BEAVERS tonight, sending Oregon to the ROSE BOWL for the first time since 1995.

I always cheer for Oregon, but this season I cheered with greater intensity. It felt like I willed them to win some of those games, in honor of my late U of O-grad UNCLE ROGER, who passed away earlier this year.

I like to call Oregon State the "Danged Ol' Beavers" to tease my OSU-supporting friends, but I actually -- secretly -- hope they win all their games -- except the Civil War contest with Oregon.

Oregon heads to the Rose Bowl, and it will be an absolute travesty if the HOLIDAY BOWL selects the University of Southern California instead of OSU.

These not-so-DANGED OL' BEAVERS are a much better team than the overrated Trojans.

Again, this one's for you, Uncle Roger.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Cooper said...

Congrats to the Ducks!

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home