Monday, January 11, 2010

Reintroduction via the radio

My reintroduction to the UNITED STATES is nearly complete: KERSTIN convinced me to log onto an AMERICAN RADIO STATION as we prepared for school and work this morning.
Facilitated by the Internet and fueled by my desire to perpetuate my recent trip to LONDON, I have only been listening to BRITISH RADIO STATIONS for the past several days.
We typically get our news from the newspaper and radio stations in my native California and other states. When Kerstin discovered she hadn't heard about this weekend's earthquake in Eureka, Calif., she demanded action.
"We need to listen to an American station," she said.
We decided to listen to KNX 1070, the LOS ANGELES all-news station.
We heard about Pete Carroll about to leave USC for the NFL job in Seattle... We heard about Southern California temperatures hovering in the mid-70s (lucky!)... We heard about authorities closing the 101 Freeway because of a suspicious device found in Universal City, Calif. (pictured).
We didn't hear about British councils rationing grit for the icy roads... We didn't hear about Nick Clegg shelving Lib Dem campaign pledges because of the recession... We didn't hear about Manchester United raising £500 million to service its debt.
Sigh...
I miss British news already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home