Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Embarassing Piercing on the Lip of the University of California"

I am waiting for the blizzard while listening to Berkeley's great KALX live online.
Forecasters have issued a relatively rare BLIZZARD WARNING for the Dubuque area, predicting about 2 inches of snow with wind gusts as high as 45 mph. Because the temperatures are supposed to drop to 8 degrees Fahrenheit, the snow will be dry and easy to blow around. And around and around and around.
That's the reason for the blizzard warning.
The reason for KALX is clear: I am sick of WINTER and this 45-year-old, free-thinking radio station is playing some rather ANGRY PUNK ROCK right now. Grrrr!
It fits my mood perfectly. Henry the DJ just played "Paid in Cigarettes" by Hot Snakes. Grrrr!
I am so sick and tired of this winter! All we have had is cold and snow followed by cold and snow. Whoah... I suppose that's what winter is all about, really. Hmm... So, maybe I am not tired of *THIS* winter in particular. Perhaps I am actually tired of winter as a general concept.
Henry the DJ just said he is "tired as hell" -- it is currently 4:30 a.m. in the Bay Area -- "but it hasn't stopped me from playing sweet tunes."
OK, Henry the DJ.
If you can overcome the hardships to play some sweet tunes, I can use your inspiration to get me through another day of winter. Barely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home