Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"Big ol' jet airliner, don't carry me too far away"

On second thought...
There's nothing quite like some pre-dawn snow shoveling to make a person (me) really weary of our worst winter in several years.
The weather service has yet to post our storm totals for the most recent bout of snow. However I know from direct experience that it was at least 5 inches, if not more.
Oh sure, it's "light fluffy snow" that is relatively easy to shovel. Frankly, I don't care how light and fluffy the snow is, the temperature is 4 degrees Fahrenheit right now -- a bit too low for my liking.
So, "big ol' jet airliner," I would like to amend Steve Miller's classic song.
*PLEASE* carry me far away. Somewhere with palm trees would be preferable.
I listened to the Steve Miller Band's "Greatest Hits 1974-78" while shoveling this morning.
The songs brought a smile to my scarf-covered face, even if the weather did not.
There is a reason why these songs continually appear on radio playlists -- they are so catchy and fun-loving.
They almost make shoveling snow enjoyable. Almost.
Hurry up, "big ol' jet airliner." I want to go somewhere warm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home