Sunday, January 20, 2008

I need to tinker with "The Aussie"

The sun was shining right in my face but it couldn't fool me: The temperature was only 2 degrees Fahrenheit when I left for the grocery store this afternoon.
Instead, I tried to fool myself by listening to a newly expanded Australian music playlist on my iPod.
It is currently midsummer down under, so I thought the music might fool me into thinking it was warmer here.
Listening to the playlist did take my mind off the cold, but not for the reason I had anticipated.
Instead, I realized there was something not quite right about the first half of the playlist: The song order was slightly amiss.
The playlist opens -- after an introductory "Waltzing Matilda" by Slim Dusty -- with a strong quartet of "The Dead Heart" by Midnight Oil, "Northwest Highway" by The Angels, the ridiculously great "Bad Boy for Love" by Rose Tattoo and old standby "T.N.T." by AC/DC.
After that song, though, things get a little off-center.
I love the next six songs -- "Aloha Steve & Danno" by Radio Birdman, "What's My Scene" by Hoodoo Gurus, "Get Free" by The Vines, "Don't Change" by INXS, "I Don't Mind" by The Hitmen and "Anthem for the Year 2000" by Silverchair -- but I don't like how they flow together.
I am going to have to tinker with my big Aussie playlist (45 songs and growing) while I watch the Packers and the Giants on TV.
Oops! But watching that game is going to remind me about the cold again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Teacher Lady said...

Tinker with the Aussie sounds kind of dirty.

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home