Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ain't nothin' but a playlist migration

We're groovin' to The Show Stoppers and their wonderful single "Ain't Nothin' But a House Party" this morning while I move some playlists over to the NEW IPOD I received for Christmas.
In what passes for nostalgia, I remember feeling that my original, 20GB iPod was the ultimate in musical enjoyment -- I could fit *ALMOST* all of my music on it!
Cool!
Now I look back and laugh. My new sleek, black, 80GB iPod enables me to fit *ALL* of my music on it. I am still trying to come to terms with that.
Here is an example:
Before, if I wanted to hear somebody like The Rolling Stones but they were on iTunes but not on my iPod because of space considerations, I had to swap out one artist for another. I was continually rotating artists on my iPod, and the swapping could barely keep up with my ever-shifting musical moods. As soon as I took Big John Patton off my iPod, for example, I would immediately be in the mood to hear some Big John Patton!
Now I finally have the hardware to match my moods.
Today's mood? Classic soul from the 1960s, hence The Show Stoppers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home