Sunday, January 06, 2008

"The sun comes out at Turf Moor"

Wouldn't "The Sun Comes Out at Turf Moor" be a great name for an indie band?
It was actually one of the first things Peter Brackley said today during his commentary for the Burnley v. Arsenal match in the third round of the FA Cup.
I watched visiting Arsenal claim a 2-0 win live on Fox Soccer Channel this morning. I was really cheering for the Clarets, and Burnley did fight to the end against the Premiership leaders, but the home side faced the proverbial mountain to climb after Kyle Lafferty was sent off in the 60th minute.
Later, the girls and I listened to some of the latest pop music sounds on BBC Radio 1 (thanks to the station's Web site).
I heard a good song by Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong, which is quite possibly the worst name I have heard for an indie band in some time. Or it could be among the best names -- I really haven't decided.
Decide for yourself on the musical merits of the London band by viewing their video for "Lucio Starts Fires" on YouTube. You can find it here.
I think they are quite good, even if I can't quite decide whether I like the name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home