Friday, September 02, 2005

La-la-la-laaa-la-laaa-laaaa!

Everybody loves a good shower. Unless it's cold, of course. Or if there is a maniac stabbing you. That's no good.
This week, the FRIDAY QUESTION seeks your sudsy anthem: What do you sing in the shower?
Clint A. -- "TROGDOR" by Strongbad. There is no better way for this dragon man to start a full day, uh, I mean a full night of burnination of peasants and slashing of cottages. TROGGGGDOORRR COMES IN THE NIGGGGGGHT!!!!!

Mike D. -- The soprano-esque "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" by Leo Sayer, because it's about the only place in the house where I'm out of earshot of my wife, who likes to say "quit singing like a girl." (And it's no problem if the hot water runs out. It just makes hitting the high notes that much easier.)
Kerstin H. -- I make up my own songs. I like to sing about my feelings.
Mark H. -- I don't sing in the shower, but what song am I always humming? That frickin' cell phone ring from Kettering's phone!
Sandye V. -- Hymns. A hymn pops into my head and it ends up being one we sing on Sunday and I think, Oh my goodness.
Rick T. -- "Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head," because it's dumb and I'll bet a lot of others sing it too, if they'll admit it.
Dave B. -- I sing the last song I heard before I get in the shower. I only sing on a Saturday night before leaving for a night on the town.
Mary Rae B. -- "Stormy Weather," because the rain is falling on my face.
Rob K. -- I don't sing in the shower. I sing in the car. The acoustics are better.
Tom J. -- "Rubber Ducky" by Ernie of Sesame Street.
Dave K. -- Probably what I've just got done hearing on the radio.
Erik H. -- Vintage "Madchester" tunes often do the trick for me in the shower. "Kinky Afro" by Happy Mondays is a good one, because Shaun Ryder can't really sing and neither can I.