Thursday, August 18, 2005

Vacation sounds and singalongs

Ahh... Vacation!
My mom and step-dad are visiting from Reno, Nev. and so I took a vacation this week. We have done a fair amount of driving and the car stereo has been featuring the sounds of:
BOOKER T. & THE MG's -- Classic, catchy and cool soul instrumentals
JIMMY SMITH -- This greatest of all jazz organists died earlier this year, his soulful music lives on
HANK SNOW -- Canadian country star who possessed one of the greatest voices of the 1950s, 60s
THE SUPREMES -- Their songs never seem to age.
It was while listening to the Supremes that my 10- and 6-year-old daughters began singing along in earnest.
I experienced a sudden flashback: I remembered myself singing along to the Supremes when I was an elementary school lad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home