Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Skies look brighter

No offense to work, but have you ever noticed that the skies look brighter when you are on vacation?
Food tastes better... Flowers smell better... Hard cider produces a quicker, longer-lasting buzz...
I am on vacation this week, and I just seem happier.
The same effect occurs when I hear Hank Snow.
Canadian-born Snow is one of my heroes. By all accounts a nice guy, Snow was also one of music's greatest vocalists.
His "I've Been Everywhere," a No. 1 country smash in 1962, simply takes my breath away as he lists the various places he has been.
His first American hit, "I'm Moving On," roars along like a great night out. Even his ballads, such as "Confused With the Blues," bring a smile to my face.
My favorite Hank Snow, though, is "My Nova Scotia Home." He sings the praises of his homeland with such a heartfelt emotion in his voice that I feel like I really love the place, too.
Hank Snow provided a perfect soundtrack to my vacation today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home