Tuesday, August 02, 2005

If she weighs the same as a duck...

Of course, one of the consolations of being alone this week is that I have COMPLETE CONTROL of the television.
I am going to celebrate my newly installed REMOTE CONTROL DICTATORSHIP by enjoying my favorite films each night.
It's my own little film festival.
Last night I watched "Monty Python and the Holy Grail." I must have seen this film nearly 50 times and it has never lost its comedic luster.
There are so many uproarious moments -- the killer rabbit, the Knights Who Say "Ni," Lancelot slaying the wedding guests, etc. -- that one viewing simply is not enough.
After watching it last night, I viewed a documentary contained on disc 2 of the DVD.
Michael Palin and Terry Jones returned to the Scottish locations of the film in 2001. All the castle scenes -- bar the Castle Auggh scene at the film's conclusion -- were shot at one location, Doune.
It was fun to hear the old Pythons reminisce about the making of a film that has remained among my very favorites for year upon year.
Oh, and if she weighs the same as a duck, she must be made of wood. And if she is made of wood, she burns... so she must be a witch! It's a fair cop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home