Tuesday, August 23, 2005

My sunny one shines so sincere

I returned to work yesterday after nine days off, but delightfully (and unseasonably) cool weather and a song stuck in my head helped soften the blow.
I have been listening to "Night Train to Nashville" lately.
The two-disc compilation chronicles the "other" Nashville sound: From 1945 to 1970, Music City served as a hub of southern R & B. The CDs are packed with classic or should-be-classic songs, from Arthur Alexander's original "Anna (Go to Him)" to Audrey Bryant's "Let's Trade a Little." Etta James' live version of "What'd I Say" is fabulous, but the song spinning in my head came from the year I was born -- 1966 -- and seemed perfectly suited for a sun-splashed day with high temperatures in the mid-70s.
Bobby Hebb's "Sunny" bounces along, spreading a message of unbridled positivity. "You gave to me your all in all, and now I feel 10 feet tall -- sunny one so true, I love you."
How could I fret about returning to work with that stuck in my head?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home