Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I've Got a Tiger By The Tail

I took my daily walk in delightful sunshine this morning before work.
The weather seemed timeless, so I decided to listen to the equally timeless (and delightful) songs of Buck Owens as I walked.
Owens has emerged over the years as one of my favorite artists, particularly when the mood turns celebratory.
As a California native, I might be biased in favor of the "Bakersfield Sound" that Owens helped popularize.
I like to think, however, that I enjoy Owens' work for its sheer quality.
Owens released 15 consecutive No. 1 records between 1963 and 1967, a fact that never fails to astonish. Chart-topping hits such as "I've Got a Tiger by the Tail," "Act Naturally," "Together Again" and "My Heart Skips a Beat" never seem to age. That music seemed so appropriate for a beautiful day like today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home