Friday, September 02, 2005

Day off with Dylan

Days off are great. Especially when you can do something out of the ordinary.
Today I perused the latest issue of MOJO Magazine: It includes a feature on the 100 greatest Bob Dylan songs.
As I read descriptions of the songs, I hauled out a couple of Dylan CDs and listened to them while sitting outside sipping brandy.
Believe me... that is definitely out of the ordinary!
I love "Highway 61 Revisited." From "Like a Rolling Stone" (MOJO's top song, not surprisingly) to "Desolation Row," Dylan packed this record with nine bona fide classics. It's actually difficult for me to choose a favorite track from this album. They all rule.
If pressed, however, I would select "It Takes A Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry" as my pick of the bunch. I have always loved the blues, and this song is one of those instances when Dylan shows that he loves the blues, too.
I also adore the line:
"Well, I wanna be your lover, baby/I don't wanna be your boss."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home