Saturday, July 02, 2005

Light all the Fires...


...It's the King of the Rumbling Spires.
I listened to a Tyrannosaurus Rex mix as I walked this morning. Before Marc Bolan strapped on an electric guitar and sang about fast cars and fairies to crowds of screaming teenage girls with T.Rex, he sat cross-legged with an acoustic guitar and sang about fast cars and fairies to small gatherings of hippies with Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Tyrannosaurus Rex songs such as "King of the Rumbling Spires," "Once Upon the Seas of Abyssinia" and "Chariots of Silk" either mean everything or mean nothing. I can't quite figure out which. Still, Bolan never fails to captivate me. That old spell-casting wizard!
I cover an Independence Day pops concert by the Dubuque Symphony Orchestra for the newspaper tonight. So I had better listen to as much cult British rock as I can before then, eh?
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home