Monday, June 20, 2005

Eat. iPod. Sleep. iPod. Drink. iPod.


We just experienced a wonderful Father's Day weekend.
We swam at the pool. We enjoyed a massive Father's Day brunch cooked by my wife Jill with help from daughters Kerstin and Annika. We listened to a friend play a gig at a pub. We enjoyed grilled steaks on a sunlit deck at my father-in-law's house. It was nothing short of idyllic.
Oh, who am I kidding.
Every SECOND that I wasn't doing those aforementioned things, I was planted in front of this computer, loading songs onto my new iPod.
The thing is addictive as heck. I would be sitting there on that sunlit deck, listening to my iPod, and I would think: But I don't have THIS on there... I don't have THAT on there...
So, by the time we got home last night, I had planted myself in front of this computer again. In two days of intensive work, I placed 1,313 songs on my 20GB iPod. Clearly, I have so much more to do.
For those keeping score (namely, well, me), here is a list of the FIRST 51 ALBUMS or BOXSETS placed upon my iPod (I was going to stop at 50 in the wee hours of this morning, but, well...). Note: This list is not my enumeration of my top 51 albums. I just wanted to ensure a good mix of music on the iPod.
1. SIMPLE MINDS -- Sons and Fascination (see Saturday's blog entry for more information) 2. THE BEATLES -- 1 3. MILES DAVIS -- Kind of Blue 4. FRANK SINATRA -- The Best of the Columbia Years (four discs) 5. SEX PISTOLS -- Never Mind the Bollocks 6. VARIOUS ARTISTS -- Reggae Pulse: Heartbeat of Jamaica 7. THE FALL -- 50,000 Fall Fans Can't be Wrong (two discs) 8. THE LOUVIN BROTHERS -- When I Stop Dreaming 9. VARIOUS ARTISTS -- Bollywood4ever 10. HOODOO GURUS -- Ampology (two discs) 11. THE SKATALITES -- Phoenix City (two discs) 12. DENNIS ALCAPONE -- Guns Don't Argue (two discs) 13. GEORGE JONES -- The Definitive Collection: 1955-62 14. MUD -- Best of the 70s 15. ABBA -- Gold 16. SLADE -- Feel the Noize: Greatest Hits 17. AUGUSTUS PABLO -- King Tubbys Meets Rockers Uptown 18. T.REX -- Electric Warrior 19. CHARLIE PARKER -- Classics 1945-47 20. CHET BAKER -- The Best of Chet Baker Sings 21. FARON YOUNG -- Absolutely the Best 22. FARON YOUNG -- Walk Tall: The Mercury Hit Singles 23. VARIOUS ARTISTS -- Simmer Down: Jamaica in the 60s 24. THE BYRDS -- Sweetheart of the Rodeo 25. THE SMITHS -- Best I 26. THE SMITHS -- Best II 27. THE JAM -- Greatest Hits 28. THE UNDERTONES -- Teenage Kicks 29. VARIOUS ARTISTS -- The Harder They Come soundtrack 30. TOOTS & THE MAYTALS -- The Very Best of... 31. VARIOUS ARTISTS -- The Very Best of Lee "Scratch" Perry 32. BOB DYLAN -- Highway 61 Revisited 33. ROBERT JOHNSON -- King of the Delta Blues Singers 34. NEW ORDER -- The Best of... 35. THE ROLLING STONES -- The Singles Collection (three discs) 36. THE KINKS -- Something Else 37. JEAN SIBELIUS -- Sibelius' Greatest Hits 38. JUDAS PRIEST -- Living After Midnight: The Best of... 39. MOT?RHEAD -- The Best of... (two discs) 40. NICK DRAKE -- Way to Blue 41. UNCLE TUPELO -- 89/93 An Anthology 42. DEF LEPPARD -- Vault 43. VARIOUS ARTISTS -- Reggae Pulse: Protest Songs 44. THE FUTUREHEADS -- The Futureheads 45. VARIOUS ARTISTS -- Trojan Dub Box Set (three discs) 46. DIZZY GILLESPIE -- The Champ 47. LEE "SCRATCH" PERRY -- Dub-Triptych (two discs) 48. VARIOUS ARTISTS -- Trojan D.J. Box Set (three discs) 49. THE REZILLOS -- Can't Stand the Rezillos 50. THE FACES -- Five Guys Walk Into a Bar (four discs) 51. ROD STEWART -- Combed My Hair in a Thousand Different Ways
Want to know a secret? While I was typing this list just now, I loaded another FIVE CDs on the iPod. Help...
Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home