Friday, June 10, 2005

Music industry? Feels better already!


Who says the music industry is ailing? Not Route1 readers, who share their answers to this week's FRIDAY QUESTION: What was the last record you purchased?
Steve M. -- Muddy Waters' "Live at Newport." Remaster of the classic appearace at the jazz fest. Fairly cheap, with discount coupon, and a good addition to my limited blues catalog. Got to have some Muddy!
Gary D. -- "The Blues Comes Home" by James Kinds & The All-Night Riders. I love the blues, and James Kinds puts on a great show. He reminds me of the great ones, such as Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf.
Ann M. -- I bought Kenny Chesney, because there are some really good songs on the CD.
Brian C. -- Wish you would have asked about my SECOND TO LAST purchase (a Three Dog Night 35th anniversary compilation). However, my most recent purchase was a bargain-bin special "Hits of the 70s" or some such. I picked it up largely because it included 10cc's "I'm Not in Love."
Inger H. -- Last CD purchased: The Killers' "Hot Fuss." Why? To jump on the bandwagon.
Shannon H. -- I bought the White Stripes Tuesday, the first day it was for sale. The simple reason: They're the best band making rock today.
Mary N-P. -- It was an old Blues Travelers CD I found at a garage sale for $1 -- lots of blues for a buck. Tip: You have to be patient and perservering to find anything of worth in dusty old boxes of CDs at garage sales (there is usually a reason they are being discarded), but every now and then, you'll find a gem.
Kate G. -- The last CD I bought was Norah Jones' "Feels Like Home" and I bought it because I find her voice really soothing and she helps me chill out when I'm super stressed.
Dave B. -- Bowling for Soup, "A Hangover You Don't Deserve." Read a review in the newspaper, saw the video "1985," looked like a fun-loving band, went out and bought it, I listen to it all the time. It is an outstanding CD, highly recommend it.
Jill H. -- The last CD I helped purchase was the FACES box set because it was on the top of my husband's Christmas list... he is the musical genius you see!
Mary Rae B. -- I gotta tell you, since the boys gave me XM at Christmas, I've probably played a CD no more than a half-dozen times. And that's sad, because I love (most of) the CDs I have. I think the last one I bought was my Van Morrison, a compilation of his popular recordings.
Diane H. -- I'm going after work tonight to Target to buy the new Coldplay and the new White Stripes. But if you want to get technical about it, the last CD I purchased was "The Great Destroyer" by Duluth, Minn.-based band Low.
Bob H. -- After watching the movie, "Shall We Dance," we were compelled to buy both the DVD and the CD and without regret. The score has everything -- intrigue, romance, international rhythms and is very lively. We enjoy every track.
Mike D. -- ZZ Top's Greatest Hits, to get a song for a soundtrack on a video I was making. Plus, I like their music and always tend to buy "greatest hits" albums to avoid filler songs.
Rick T. -- The last CD I bought was "Country Classics," a 4-CD set. It has original country artists from 1955 to 1995, containing 85 songs! The key word in the name is "classics."
Amanda M. -- Breaking Benjamin, "We Are Not Alone." I bought it at Target because it was $6, and I was on spring break so I decided to spend even MORE money. Turned out to be an awesome CD though.
Ellen G. -- Neil Young's "Harvest" and Radiohead's "The Bends" -- at the same time. My CDs were heartlessly stolen from my car last week and those were the first two CDs that I craved.
Erik H. (me) -- I purchased Dennis Alcapone's "Guns Don't Argue," a two-disc best-of compilation off of Amazon. Trojan Records only recently released this title in the UK and it has yet to make an official appearance on these shores, so it took F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get here. I decided earlier this year to build on what had been a meager reggae collection, and Alcapone's exuberant, early deejay hits constitutes an essential addition.
Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home