Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Perfect film for when you're craving "Texas"

It reached 97 scorching degrees today, and the hot weather had me craving all things "TEXAS," so I listened to some Tejano music, drooled over a photo of a Whataburger and watched John Sayles' magnificent film, "LONE STAR."
Filmed on location in Texas' southwestern border areas, the 1996 release stars CHRIS COOPER as a small-town sheriff who uncovers a number of local secrets -- including one he later regrets unveiling.
MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY portrays his father, a legendary sheriff, in flashback.
Murder, family relations and even obsessional love for Texas high school football figure into the mix.
Not only do I consider "Lone Star" a quintessential film about the Lone Star State, I also consider it one of my Top-5 favorite films.
If you haven't seen it, well, what are you waiting for?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I'll have to look for Lone Star. For me the quintessential movie about Texas is The Last Picture Show.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home