Thursday, June 21, 2012

Enjoying an afternoon of baseball

People have taken a day off from work to attend an AFTERNOON BASEBALL GAME since the sport's 19th century origins.
Yesterday, it was my turn.
JILL sent MY FATHER-IN-LAW MARK and me to the BREWERS versus the BLUE JAYS at Miller Park in MILWAUKEE as a Father's Day present.
It was my fourth Major League Baseball game of the season and the first time I had seen Toronto play since the 1989 American League Championship Series in Oakland.
It was also a home run bonanza, with five round-trippers hit, including three in one inning by the Brewers, who won, 8-3.
I drank some beer and got a little sunburned, kept score and purchased a Brewers media guide.
The afternoon commute we had to negotiate to leave Milwaukee was an annoyance, but the rest of the day was first class.
I recommend taking an occasional day off for an afternoon sporting event. It's worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home