Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Flaco plays on another Tejano type of day

I don't know what they are singing about, but they sure make me tap my toes.
Our hot-and-windy weather conditions have put me in a TEXAN mood, and few musical performers symbolize the Lone Star State quite like the CONJUNTO ACCORDIAN pioneer FLACO JIMENEZ.
Before he won Grammy Awards, before he collaborated with acts that include The Rolling Stones and before he joined the Texas Tornados, Jimenez was just a 16-year-old kid wowing audiences with his blazing skills while recording with LOS CAMINANTES, circa 1958-59.
ARHOOLIE RECORDS collected these recordings on a fabulous compilation called "FLACO'S FIRST" and I have been enjoying hearing them while driving around in our unseasonable hot-and-windy conditions.
Now... if only I could find some delicious Tex-Mex...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home