Monday, May 09, 2011

It's so tough to leave my roots behind

I always -- always -- hate to leave at the end of a vacation to what I consider home -- the American West Coast in general and the SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA in particular.
Oh, I love going back to DUBUQUE to be with family and friends. I just think it would be better if they all came here.
Really, you'll love it: The weather is almost always good, the people are friendly, the food is fabulous and the scenery is outstanding.
This part of NORTHERN CALIFORNIA isn't just my favorite place on Earth. It also represents my roots. You never forget your roots, right?
Well, I know I can never forget mine.
I'm afraid I've reached the portion of my vacation where MELANCHOLIA enters the frame.
The melancholia feels particularly bitter now, because this trip has been so fantastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home