Monday, May 02, 2011

Vacationing with Django

It's delightfully garish, with it's over-the-top violence and its cringe-inducing grit.
"DJANGO," the 1966 classic "Spaghetti Western" by SERGIO CORBUCCI provided the perfect film to launch my VACATION, which includes an upcoming trip to SAN FRANCISCO.
"Mudfighting whores, a coffin-dragging hero, a violin-playing dwarf bartender, a Ku Klux Klan priest forced to eat his own severed ear: Sergio Corbucci's blood-spattered Pop Art spaghetti Western has all these and more," wrote film critic Paul Simpson.
The film features the great FRANCO NERO as the coffin-dragging hero.
I love it as a vehicle of pure, stupid escapism. Although, studying the film today, on my first day of vacation, I could see the beauty in Corbucci's composition and his staging.
Perhaps I take this film too lightly?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home