Friday, March 18, 2011

Post No. 2000! Hoooooraaaaay!

Welcome to ROUTE 1 and POST No. 2000!
Happy anniversary and thanks for reading everyone!

When we started the blog, back in March 2005 (pictured), there was no Twitter, Lady Gaga was three years away from releasing her first single and the publication of "Twilight" was still about five months away.

Crazy!

Yesterday's blog post was also rather crazy. I decided to try using IRISH for all of my social media for ST. PATRICK'S DAY.

I promised some folks a translation, so here goes:

"Happy St. Patrick's Day! Long life to you! Happy St. Patrick's Day to our readers. Very well, thank you. Agreed. What is this? What is that? Why? I'm picking out phrases from the book and I copy them. Amazing! Do not bother to translate. It is stupid."

It was stupid, but it was also kind of fun, which could serve as a motto for the 2000-post-old ROUTE 1, couldn't it?

While we ponder that motto, let's turn to our readers, who have answered the following FRIDAY QUESTION:

"What would you say to a leprechaun?"

RICK T. -- Where's my Lucky Charms?

ANNIKA H. -- Why are you so short?

STACEY B. -- How often do you dream of destroying all those involved with the Leprechaun movies?

INGER H. -- If I don't believe in leprechauns, does that mean I can't have your pot of gold? Cause I'm pretty flexible.

JOHN S. -- You're short.

JILL H. -- Do the truly Irish thing and say:
"Here, you lead me to your little pot o' gold, and I'll buy you a Murphy's!"
ERIK H. -- According to the tales, leprechauns caught by a human have the power to grant three wishes in exchange for their release, so I would ask a leprechaun for tickets to an FA Cup final, a harborside condo in Manly, N.S.W. (I could just stroll down the Corso to the beach, mate) and a chef to cook our meals for us, since we are always so tired when we return to Route 1 H.Q., following a hard day at work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on post No. 2000. I'm up to only No. 75 on my 2011 blog and I already appreciate the dedication it takes. I'll never get to 2000. Great job! (I remember when you dropped out of THRIL, everybody was going, "blog?!?")

8:00 AM  
Blogger Brian Cooper said...

Post 2000 is quite an accomplishment. While this milestone is about quantity, I feel the quality is what makes Route 1 fun. It's entertaining, varied, eclectic and personal. Congratulations, Erik!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Webbie - FootieAndMusic said...

Get in there.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home