Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Kinks bonanza

I am about to enter a prolonged phase spent listening to THE KINKS.
A veritable Kinks bonanza arrived from AMAZON.COM yesterday.

I received:

* The 1968 album, "THE KINKS ARE THE VILLAGE GREEN PRESERVATION SOCIETY."

* ANDY MILLER'S BOOK about the album.

* The 1969 album, "ARTHUR (OR THE DECLINE AND FALL OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE)."

The albums are generally considered the apex of RAY DAVIES' songwriting, the songs detailing the increasingly lost sense of "Englishness" amidst the changing times of modern Britain.

I sank a stout and listened to "Village Green" last night. It's wonderful.

I'll listen to "Arthur" in the car today, and as I walk at lunch.

In the meantime, prepare for a prolonged phase of me gushing over the Kinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home