Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Girlschool and the morning's spectacular storm

Now I remember why I always associate SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS with HEAVY METAL.
A storm wielding 70 mph wind gusts, torrential rain (an inch in 30 minutes) and a dazzling lightning display shook the tri-state area awake at approximately 4:20 a.m. today, and all I could think about was wailing guitar and head-thumping drums.

I am listening to GIRLSCHOOL now, a few hours after the rude and raucous awakening.

I remember Enid Williams, Kim McAuliffe, Denise Dufort and the late great Kelly Johnson terrifying me as a youngster, thumbing through imported issues of KERRANG magazine.

Girlschool proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that girls could rock just as well -- if not better -- than the boys.

They also provide an appropriate musical backing for a memorable storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home