Thursday, June 17, 2010

I think I could manage Argentina

I've decided it doesn't matter if Diego Maradona doesn't really know how to manage ARGENTINA at the WORLD CUP.
Based on the team's 4-1 victory over SOUTH KOREA, I think *I* could manage the team.
Here is how:
"Messi, pass the ball to Higuain."
Score.
Argentina made it look that easy against the Koreans, who are a rather good team.
Almost every time "la Selección" moved forward, they looked more than capable of scoring.
That was a refreshing change from what seems to have become standard at this World Cup -- teams giving just enough to win by the merest necessary margin. Argentina loses a bit of focus in defence (e.g., Martin Demichelis gifting the Koreans a goal), but if they continue trying to outscore the opposition, they'll be a joy to watch the rest of the competition.

1 Comments:

Blogger Webbie - FootieAndMusic said...

I think this is why not as many pundits are tipping them to win the whole thing. Their dodgy (dare I say it) English-style defending.

They are always good to let at least one in.

Hey despite their coach though they look good. Must be ignoring what he has to say !

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home