Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Valley of the Sun reminders in the snow and ice

Days like today in DUBUQUE -- 3.9 inches of fresh snow on the ground, a temperature of 2 degrees Fahrenheit plunging to about minus-20 overnight -- remind me that I spent my high school years in PHOENIX, ARIZ.
I just listened to the compilation "ECCENTRIC SOUL: MIGHTY MIKE LENABURG," featuring examples of the fledgling soul scene producer/record store owner/band manager Lenaburg created in the late 1960s/early 1970s in the VALLEY OF THE SUN.
Listening to the songs didn't warm me up much, but they made me smile.
Some days, that's the thing we need most from good music!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Eric, as an AZ transplant to this recently frigid area, I can still say that I will take two days of -20 to -30 any day over 123 degrees. It is still legal to wear all of your clothes at once in an attempt to stay warm, but it is quite illegal to leave the confines of your house without anything on in an attempt to stay cool. :)

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home