Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The song that helped wipe away a weary day

A workday of stress and meetings left me feeling rather FRAZZLED when I returned home tonight. The girls' music was too loud, the dog was jumping on my leg too much and don't even get me started on the cats.
Thank goodness, then, for the TREADMILL and musical legends from VALLEJO, CALIF.
Years before it gave us CC Sabathia, Vallejo gave us CON FUNK SHUN.
The day's stress melted away as I walked on the treadmill and listened to a clutch of Con Funk Shun songs.
"FFUN" was one of those songs. Released in 1977, it spent two weeks at No. 1 on the R&B singles charts in January 1978.
Fueled by an insistent rhythm and buoyed by a catchy melody, the song also crossed over to the pop charts, peaking at No. 23 on the Billboard Hot 100.
I can testify that it wiped away a weary day, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home